The communication activity dedicated to S.Bernardo begins with an eye towards the art world, evident already starting from 1926, when the communication is entrusted to an artist of the time, Leonetto Cappiello , for the realization of the first advertisement of S.Bernardo, entered in the history of the brand. In the ’30s some of the most important artists active in Turin and Piedmont were called to make sketches, drawings and labels to convey the image of that water, known to be “the lightest water in the world”. Until the collaboration with Ugo Nespolo , author of “Il Tappo”, work destined to become another icon of the brand.
The poster, created on the occasion of the anniversary of the company’s 80th anniversary, collects the historical labels of S. Bernard Advertising posters made by the students of the Istituto Europeo di Design in Turin. The turning point of S. Bernard to the design world is in 1994, thanks to the introduction of the new glass bottle “drops” 75 cl, dedicated exclusively to the catering channel: a new look, elegantly enriched by 88 small drops in relief , designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro , internationally renowned designer born in Garessio. In 2006, on the occasion of the celebrations of his 80 years of activity, S. Bernard promotes his image through an exclusive series of labels, created by the students of the Istituto Europeo di Design of Turin.
In 2008 S.Bernardo presents itself to Italian high-quality catering with a new look: S.Bernardo renews the logo, the label and the glass bottle; the result is a fresh and distinctive personality that enhances the lightness without giving up the link with the origins. The restyling of the bottle confirms the association with Giorgetto Giugiaro who today, in 2009, signs the design of the new 1 and 1.5l PET bottles: the “Gocce” concept is confirmed, thus representing the leitmotif in the restyling of the brand.